Monday, May 4, 2009

Baja Bell

Of the many things I could write about... this one is a Blog about cravings. I like to think of myself as a healthy individual. I make all my food from scratch and enjoy spending the time to make wonderful three to four course meals. I often find myself cooking for people as well because I take pride in the quality of the food I eat. Once in a good while we all get a craving for some complete junk food. It does not matter how health conscious you are... it happens to every one. Today I found myself craving the fourth meal (Taco Bell). In my opinion Taco Bell is one of the greasiest, worst food chains in the US and the world. Every time I eat there, with out fail, I feel like crap.

Today at work, I found my self falling slightly asleep on the phone and decided to get some sort of drink with a little energy boost. I don't do well with caffeine so I go for the Dr. Pepper or a classic Coke. I have heard a lot about this Baja Blast that is only sold at taco bell. With a taco bell located just next to where I work I could not resist. Some nice greasy food I can pig out on plus a nice drink. As always I place my order and wait in line for it to come out. I personally hate how they don't care about how the food comes out for fast food. You can tell that they have some sort of gun that they squeeze and puts the proper amount of food on the tortilla or whatever it might be. My stomach turns and I see what abomination I have just ordered. I take my seat next to the window and continue to follow through with my sin of an order. After I make it through the food I have one hope to make this trip worth it. I proceed to the fountain where the sodas are and pour my self my first Baja Blast. A very odd color came out and I became nervous. With all things, everything deserves a chance and I continue to bring the cup to my mouth. As the taste buds make contact with the blast from baja I instantly put a smile on my face. It was nothing less than a pleasant surprise. I proceeded to finish my drink, fill up again and bring the free refill to work. Keep in mind that I drive a scooter to work and there is no cup holder available. The drink was so good, I decided that it was worth the risk to drive back to work with a cup of Baja Blast in between my legs.

All I can say is Baja Blast is what makes every trip to taco bell's ungodly menu worth ordering from. If you have not tried it... I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment